Whether with family, friends or lovers, discover why spending the New Year in the mountains can be a very good idea for a change of scenery, for a few days or more. We have given you an overview of the places to go to wake up and we give you ideas for spending an exceptional holiday season.
Why spend the New Year in the mountains?
Still not sure where to spend the New Year 2021? Why not go and celebrate it in the mountains? Here are 5 good reasons to book your stay as soon as possible and head for the snow-capped peaks:
- Reason n ° 1: destinations in hot countries are very coveted at the end of 2020. Go to the mountains, you will be more peaceful!
- Reason n ° 2: to enjoy nature, hike, recharge your batteries and think about yourself;
- Reason n ° 3: to spend an unusual and unique New Year's Eve, far from home;
- Reason n ° 4: because you are spoiled for choice for mountain destinations, each just as superb as the next;
- Reason n ° 5: because it's in season and you've been dreaming about it for months!
Where to spend New Years?
Your decision is made: you are going to spend the New Year in the mountains this year! But a crucial question arises: where to go? There is an incredible variety of places around the world, perfect for waking up to the mountains. Here are some options available to you.
It is a popular destination for holidaymakers, because it has many mountain ranges and offers unique services. Thus, you will have the choice between:
- the Alps and its famous and luxurious ski areas: Courchevel, Méribel, Val Thorens, Val d'Isère, L'Alpe D'Huez, Chamonix, Megève, or even Tignes;
- the Pyrenees, which have pretty ski resorts: Grand Valira (the largest ski resort in the Pyrenees), Saint-Lary-Soulan, Tourmalet, Ax 3 Domaines, Piau-Engaly, Peyragudes, Font-Romeu Pyrénées 2000, etc. . ;
- the Vosges: to experience snowshoeing (at the Lac Blanc or Col des Bagenelles resort), cross-country skiing at the Nordic area of Markstein Grand-Ballon or at La Bresse Lispach. It is even possible to go skiing at night in Schnepfenried!
- the Jura, where there are also many ski resorts, of varying sizes: Mont Jura, Les Rousses, Metabief, Les plans d'Hotonnes, Les Fourgs, Les Gentianes, Foncine le Haut, ...
It is not only France that has mountain peaks to be able to escape during the end of the year celebrations. Other destinations are also very popular in Europe, such as:
- Switzerland: with the renowned Zermatt and Saas-Fee Saastal resorts, with their authentic character and unspoiled charm, but also Laax, Arosa, Verbier, Grindelwald or Davos;
- Austria: you can notably go to Saalbach Hinterglemm, the ski area with many slopes, but you will also have the choice between: St. Anton, Mayrhofen, Söll, Kaprun, Kitzbühel, Ischgl, or even Obergurgl.
And many other places ...
Other countries in the Mediterranean basin are less known for their winter resorts, although they are also worth a visit. For example :
- Montenegro where you can ski in Kolašin, Cmiljače - Bjelasica, Savin Kuk - Žabljak, Lokve, Žarski or Durmitor;
- or Croatia : meet in Sljeme (Medvednica) - Zagreb, Platak, Čelimbaša, Rudnik Tršće, Mukinje Plitvice, etc.
And why not go further or to mountains devoid of snow? The mountain is not necessarily synonymous with skiing, it also allows you to go hiking, to recharge your batteries, to enjoy nature, while being quiet. So, no need to necessarily go to the highest peaks to celebrate the New Year. You can also spend the New Year in the mountains, but without powder!
Organize an original New Year's Eve in the mountains
Do you want to spend unique and memorable end-of-year celebrations with your spouse, a magical family stay on the most beautiful peaks, or an exceptional evening with friends? Do not hesitate any longer: go to the mountains!
Enjoy the New Year in love
How about spending New Years Eve alone, in an upscale apartment? To spend long hours in a private spa and not take care of anything? A cleaning lady and a chef will take care of the household chores for you. You will only have one thing to do: have a good time together. You will certainly keep an unforgettable memory of your stay in the mountains for two.
Celebrate the new year with friends
Do you want to spend a festive New Year with your closest friends? Rent a luxurious house, at the foot of the ski slopes, where everyone will have their own room and where you can spend convivial moments in the large living spaces. During the day, take advantage of the mountains to ski or stroll, and in the evening enjoy a good raclette or a Savoyard fondue, while remaking the world with your friends. No doubt this will change you from the traditional New Year's Eve meal at home!
Spend New Years Eve with the family
A cozy and luxurious chalet, a chocolate by the fireplace, snowflakes falling outside… No, this is not one of those wonderful Christmas movies, but the next idyllic vacation you can spend with your loved ones for the end of year celebrations. It's tempting, isn't it? And on New Year's Eve, don't worry about the meal: call a chef at home and enjoy your evening with the family!
Whether you choose to celebrate New Year's Eve in France, in Europe or further afield, with your loved ones, lovers or friends, spending the New Year in the mountains will leave you with unforgettable memories. So, let yourself be tempted! In addition, if you are the owner of a luxury chalet, a high-end apartment or a prestigious house, located in the mountains, do not hesitate to contact the Luxtop360 team . We will be happy to add your property to our platform and ensure its promotion for the end of the year holidays and other occasions!